Facilities

Facilities at the pub include:

  • Function Hire (Weddings, Wakes & Parties)
  • Pool Table
  • Dart Board
  • Quiz Machine
  • Juke Box
  • Gaming Machine
  • Selection of Board Games & Playing Cards

History

This inn, on the Broadstairs – St. Peter’s boundary has been known locally for many years as the ‘Little Albion’ to distinguish it from the town’s Albion Hotel, dates from 1860. It replaced the former inn on the site, which had evolved out of a farmhouse. This had been put up for auction in 1849, with the Bill of Auction reading “Substantially built detached houses and premises with barn, stabling, chaise house, piggery, garden, yard. The house contains a bar parlour and Coffee Room, a large taproom, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, dairy and suitable domestic offices with skittles in rear enclosed garden.” It was brought by Robert Cramp’s Cannon Brewery of St Laurence. He eventually sold much of the land for development, and demolished the old inn, which presumably had too much of the farmhouse about it. After the Cannon Brewery, T&W held the interest, before it became a Whitbread Fremlins house and eventually a pub owning company free house.